Welcome to the 18U Boston Hockey Academy Team
Academy Development Philosophy
"The Boston Hockey Academy Player Development Model integrates individual strengths combined with elements of advanced team play. This is relevant to what the highest levels of the game require today." -- Scott Fitzgerald, Director of College Scouting, Boston Bruins
The Boston Hockey Academy Player Development Model focuses on the player as a whole person and works to ensure they are not only prepared to play at the highest levels of hockey, but that they are also are provided the academic and life skills necessary beyond the rink.
Our development model has been developed based on the following principles:
- Adopting a player-centered individualized approach
- Not treating the development of all players the same way
- Integrating the individual into team dynamics
- Building academic and life skills in the player
- Ensuring players are of high character and prepared for life in the world
- Understanding player development is a multi-year process
Parents are vital to a student’s development are encouraged talk to us on how we will develop players at each age group in the Academy.
18U Goals and Objectives
The goal of the 18U team is to finalize their preparations and transition to Junior, NCAA or pro hockey. At this stage, their development plan at the Academy is nearing completion and players will be ready for the next level.
At this level, we focus on the following:
- Individual Skills Refinement (shooting, skating, etc.)
- Individual Off-Season Training Habits
- Team Contribution and Role Definition
- College Test Prep
- Advanced Communication Skills
Also, we have provided all the resources for exposure and advancement and will work with each family to ensure your child is directed to the most ideal program.
18U Team Success Outcomes
We measure success for our 18U teams based on the following metrics:
- Player understands their strengths and weaknesses and how to improve them
- Player understands team dynamics and how they fit into the overall team
- Player is matched to a Junior (USHL, BCHL, NAHL) or NCAA program
- Player has completed all requirements for graduation
Academy Inquiry Form
Interested in learning more? We'd love to hear from you. Please fill out the form below and we will respond immediately to your inquiry.
Fill out an inquiry form
Schedule a Visit
Book an appointment or call us to schedule one
Interested in enrolling?