Welcome to the 16U Boston Academy Team Page
Academy Development Philosophy
"The Boston Hockey Academy Player Development Model integrates individual strengths combined with elements of advanced team play. This is relevant to what the highest levels of the game require today." -- Scott Fitzgerald, Director of College Scouting, Boston Bruins
The Boston Hockey Academy Player Development Model focuses on the player as a whole person and works to ensure they are not only prepared to play at the highest levels of hockey, but that they are also are provided the academic and life skills necessary beyond the rink.
Our development model has been developed based on the following principles:
- Adopting a player-centered individualized approach
- Not treating the development of all players the same way
- Integrating the individual into team dynamics
- Building academic and life skills in the player
- Ensuring players are of high character and prepared for life in the world
- Understanding player development is a multi-year process
Parents are vital to a student’s development are encouraged talk to us on how we will develop players at each level in the Academy.
The goal of the 16U team is to immerse players in the necessary foundational training to prepare them for Junior, NCAA or pro hockey. Based on the player's individual development plan, we work with each athlete on the individual parts of their game to help them advance. We then ensure their strengths are integrated into the overall team objectives. We also focus on teaching good practice habits, role definition, time management, nutrition, and other important factors that will be necessary for them to succeed at their next stage of development.
- 50+ Games
- 8-10 Major Showcase Events
- 5 hours of practice weekly
- 3 hours off ice training weekly
- 2 video sessions weekly
Also, we also begin focusing on their advancement and exposure opportunities and will work with each family to begin to sort out the options that will be available to them in a two years when they graduate.
16U Success Outcomes
A player who completes the 16U level of the Academy should be able to:
- Understand their strengths and weaknesses and how to improve them
- Have a sense of their place within the team environment and the roles they can play
- Monitor and manage their time effectively
- Nutrition habits for maximum performance
- The importance of mental preparation in performance
- Communicate with coaches and teachers effectively and advocate for themselves
Academy Inquiry Form
Interested in learning more? We'd love to hear from you. Please fill out the form below and we will respond immediately to your inquiry.
Fill out an inquiry form
Schedule a Visit
Book an appointment or call us to schedule one
Fill out the inquiry form and be a part of our 2021 season!