Welcome to the 15U Boston Hockey Academy Team Page
Academy Development Philosophy
"The Boston Hockey Academy Player Development Model integrates individual strengths combined with elements of advanced team play. This is relevant to what the highest levels of the game require today." -- Scott Fitzgerald, Director of College Scouting, Boston Bruins
The Boston Hockey Academy Player Development Model focuses on the player as a whole person and works to ensure they are not only prepared to play at the highest levels of hockey, but that they are also are provided the academic and life skills necessary beyond the rink.
Our development model has been developed based on the following principles:
- Adopting a player-centered individualized approach
- Not treating the development of all players the same way
- Integrating the individual into team dynamics
- Building academic and life skills in the player
- Ensuring players are of high character and prepared for life in the world
- Understanding player development is a multi-year process
Parents are vital to a student’s development are encouraged talk to us on how we will develop players at each age group in the Academy.
The goal of the 15U team is to introduce them to Academy life and start working on the foundations of good habits that will prepare them down the road for Junior, NCAA or pro hockey. During this year, we build their Individual Development plan and start working with on areas such as time management, academic focus, good practice habits, and off ice preparation.
- 50+ Games
- 8-10 Major Showcase Events
- 5 hours of practice weekly
- 3 hours off ice training weekly
- 2 video sessions weekly
We also use this an an opportunity to help give them foundational life skills to live and to also perform at a high level.
Players who complete the U15 Academy Team should come away with the following skills:
- Identification of strengths and weaknesses
- Comprehension of team play and concepts
- Smart decision making on and off the ice
- Understanding of the physical and psychological facets of the game
- Interpersonal skills in a diverse environment
- Importance of integration of academics and student life.
Academy Inquiry Form
Interested in learning more? We'd love to hear from you. Please fill out the form below and we will respond immediately to your inquiry.
Fill out an inquiry form
Schedule a Visit
Book an appointment or call us to schedule one
Interested in enrolling?