Welcome to Boston Hockey Academy
Located in greater Boston, MA, we are a Tier 1 Hockey Academy, offering high-end development alongside an academic and cultural experience, unmatched by any other program.
Located in the heart of college hockey, we have programs representing three major Div 1 conferences (Hockey East – BU, BC, Northeastern, U-Lowell, Merrimack; ECAC – Harvard University; Atlantic Hockey League – Bentley University) minutes from our campus, allowing us to maximize player exposure. Additionally, Greater Boston is home to more NHL scouts than any other area in North America.
The Boston Hockey Academy players will receive elite training and coaching, on and off the ice, to properly prepare them for the junior hockey, NCAA college, and professional hockey. Our staff and management team will also ensure that players have the necessary development, exposure, and advancement opportunities to take the next step in their hockey careers.
For local students, the Boston Hockey Academy is an affordable alternative to private boarding schools, allowing students to live at home while still receiving a private education. Benefits include a longer season (August-June), more games (50-60), specialized coaching (skating, skills, goaltending), game video review sessions, mental health, and a National Midget schedule that includes both US and Canadian prep schools. For out-of-state and international players, you will receive the same benefits, along with the cultural experience of living at the dormitory.
Academically, The Cambridge Matignon School is a co-educational, college preparatory, Catholic school located in Cambridge, MA. Founded in 1947, Matignon High School embraces experiential learning as an integral aspect of its academic curriculum and student programs.
Their mission is to provide students with the skills necessary to thrive in a 21st century world that rewards innovation and the abilities to think critically and collaborate.
This educational model, along with the structure of the Boston Hockey Academy, will help prepare these young men for careers well beyond hockey.
Boston Hockey Academy is built on 3 objectives: Development, Exposure, and Advancement. To meet these objectives, we provide a training curriculum with experienced staff to help your student athlete to achieve their goals.
Highlights of the Boston Hockey Academy include:
- USA Hockey Sanctioned Midget Tier 1 AAA and US/Canadian Prep Levels
- Individual Development Plan
- 50+ game schedule at National Showcases vs. Top Tier 1 Teams.
- Home rink features two full size ice surfaces – skills rink - Off ice training center - physical therapy and video room.
- Each team has their own private locker room
- Weekly sessions with a highly specialized skills and skating coach
- Off-ice training and nutritional education lead by a certified personal trainer
- Transportation to and from rink.
We partnered with The Cambridge Matignon School as the perfect match for the Boston Hockey Academy. Not only does Matignon have a rich hockey tradition, it has an academic model which is relevant to what today's students need to succeed in life.
- 11:1 student teacher ratio
- 99% of students pursue post-secondary education
- College Preparatory Curriculum with a wide selection of Advanced Placement offerings in English, Biology, Physics, Calculus, French, Latin, Psychology, Spanish, U.S. History and World History
- Experiential learning model designed to give students real hands-on experience
- Father Matignon Honors Program created to academically challenge students with unique academic skills
- Partnerships with local colleges such as Harvard University, Northeastern, Boston College, MIT and Emmanuel College
- To learn more, visit the Matignon website
Culture & Values
The Boston Hockey Academy along with Cambridge Matignon School are founded on these core values:
- Bridging athletics and academics with social development
- Respect for one’s self and others
- Personal accountability
- Service to others and community
- A diverse cultural population
As a college preparatory school serving a diverse student population, Cambridge Matignon School is dedicated to educating the whole person spiritually, academically, and socially so as to inspire compassionate and confident advocates for the greater good.
The Boston Hockey Academy believe these core values and service to others is critical for developing well-rounded student athletes for life beyond the game.
Fill out an info request form
Schedule a Visit
Book an appointment or call us to schedule one
Fill out the online application